Producing quality lamb and beef for 5 generations
Maroona Station is a family owned and run mixed farming business in the South East of South Australia.
Specialising in high fertility first x lambs and Shorthorn cattle.
Maroona Station produces East Friesian/Border Leicester x Merino lambs for their fast growth, size, length, weight gain and productivity over the hooks and as terminal lamb mothers.
East Friesians were added to the breeding program in 1999 for higher fecundity and milking ability with the aim of producing superior terminal lamb mothers.
A self replacing shorthorn beef herd produces grown steers for the EU and other premium markets. Based originally on Weebollabolla bloodlines with sires from Sprys, Bayview, the Grove and Yamburgan used more recently.
East Friesian/Border Leicester x Merino lambs
- May/June Drop, September Shorn
- Drenched with Cydectin oral + selenium + minerals in September
- Backlined with Extinosad in September
- 2 x 6-in-1 vaccinated, Scabiguard, Eryvac
- Ewe lambs also Gudair Vaccinated, MTS and Trisolfen treated
- Drafted into lines by weight